At Alamander, we pitch an idea and kids knock it out of the park.
We believe in young people, and we put our resources - time, teachers and materials - toward supporting their ideas.
ALAMANDER AFTER SCHOOL
We believe that after a long day at school, kids need space to build community, play and explore their interests. We work on many projects and experiments like cooking, performing and creating, however our goal is not to fit another activity into an already full day. Alamander After School is a chance for us all to be together, to figure out how to listen, talk and play with each other during a part of the day when kids are often at capacity.
ABOUT OUR DIRECTOR
Nancy Fenelon is the Alamander After School Director. Nancy is an experienced educator and playwright. She believes in children as self directed learners, and loves to foster creativity and community through fun and engaging activities.
Nancy has worked at Alamander the last two years, and has taught at the Brooklyn Free School and other NYC schools. She has also spent time teaching abroad in Abu Dhabi and Haiti. She holds a BA In English Language Arts & Theater and an MS in Childhood Education and Special Education. She loves reading, writing, and cooking.
- After School is at 372 Clinton Avenue
- Pricing for after school is $30 a day, to be paid on a trimester schedule.
- We follow the public school calendar for school closings
- We pick up from PS 20, Arts and Letters, and PS 11. If your child has a bus that can drop off near the Brooklyn Free School, let us know and we will do our best to make it work!
- We have reduced tuition spots ($20 a day) available for families receiving federal assistance.
At Alamander Camp, summer means freedom, creativity, and play.
Each session begins with a springboard topic. For younger campers, we draw inspiration from a material, like cloth, wood or clay. Older campers explore themes including Comic Books, Tiny Worlds, and Flea Market. Each topic is broad enough to allow varied entry points, so kids can access work that interests them individually and find success in collaboration. Every week includes daily park trips, lots of time for free play, and a fun NYC field trip.
- Camp is held at 372 Clinton Avenue
- Ages 3.5 to 12
- $450/week (sliding scale spots available)
- 8:30-3:00 (extended day until 6 for $20/day)
- June 26th to September 1st
PRINCESS CAMP IS COMING!
August 28th-September 1st, campers ages 4-6.
Princess Camp is for kids who are into princesses and their grown-ups, who want them to explore feminism and gender identity in a play-filled way that embraces their interests.
Princess Camp is for campers of any gender who want to spend a week being royal and learning about the world.
Some of our inspiration for Princess Camp comes from Princess Grace by Mary Hoffman, The Paper Bag Princess by Robert Munsch, My Princess Boy by Cheryl Kilodavis, King and King by Linda de Haan and these inspiring teens.